Present position: Assistant Professor and Researcher
Address: Department of Molecular Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla, 90112, Thailand.
Telephone: 66-74-288792, Fax: 66-74-288777
|2003 - 2009||Ph.D. in Chemistry (Analytical Chemistry), Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand.|
|1999 - 2003||B.Sc. 2nd Honor (Chemistry), Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand.|
|2009||Present Developing the assay or biosensor using the produced protein as the biological element to detect the White Spot Syndrome virus (WSSV) in the agricultural field and mass spectrometry in metabolome analysis.|
General potentiostat transducer
Surface Plasmon resonance (SPR)
Gas chromatography (GC)
High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
General Microsoft offices (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Honors and awards
|2011-2012||Research fellow on Endeavour Executive Awards from Australian government|
|2011-2012||Research fund from The Higher Education Research Promotion and National Research University Project of Thailand, Office of the Higher Education Commission|
|2010||Research fund from Faculty of Science Research Fund, Prince of Songkla University (PSU)|
Teaching Course in Division of molecular biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand
Subject: Analytical Biotechnology
Topics: Mathematics, chemical unit, concentration and stoichiometry, Biosensor, Chemical equilibrium, Weak acid and bases, Spectrophotometry etc.
Subject: Techniques in Genomics and Proteomics
Topics: Technique for protein structure and function such as High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), PLC, Mass Spectrometry (MS) and X-ray Crystallography
Subject: Principles of Biotechnology II
Topics: Clean Biotechnology; Chemical and biological treatment
Other special experiences
- Conducted research at Structural Chemistry at Eskitis Institute, Griffith University Nathan Campus, Brisbane, Australia in Methods for structural biology for 3 months (August – October, 2012)
- Conducted research at Center for Bioelectronics and Biosensors, The Biodesign Institute, Arizona State University, Arizona, United State in sensor technology for 8 months (July, 2005 – March, 2006)
- Conducted research at Department of Biotechnology Department of Biotechnology, Center for Chemistry and Chemical engineering, Lund university, Lund Sweden in the sensor technology for 6 months (November, 2007-April, 2008)
- Staff of International conference on The Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety (SECOTOX. 2004), 2004. BP Samila Beach Hotel, Songkhla, Thailand.
- Training Course in Advance Techniques for Microbial Detection: Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) at Pilot Plant Development and Training Institute, King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi (Bangkuntien), Bangkuntien, Bangkok between 20-22 November 2006
- Training Course in Biosystem engineering: Modeling and Simulation of Bioreactor and Cellular System at Faculty of Agro-Industry, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand between 9-11 November 2009
- Waiyapoka, T., Deachamag, P., Chotigeat, W., Bunsanong, N., Kanatharana, P., Thavarungkul, P., Loyprasert-Thananimit, S. 2015. Application of a Label-Free Immunosensor for White Spot Syndrome Virus (WSSV) in Shrimp Cultivation Water.Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 177 (4), 821-830.
- Loyprasert-Thananimit, S., Saleedang, A., Deachamag, P., Waiyapoka, T., Neulplub, M., & Chotigeat, W. (2014). Development of an immuno-based colorimetric assay for white spot syndrome virus. Biotechnol Appl Biochem, 61(3), 357-362.
- Suchera Loyprasert-Thananimit, Akrapon Saleedang, Proespichaya Kanatharana, Panote Thavarungkul, Wilaiwan Chotigeat. 2012. Production of a polyclonal antibody to the VP26 nucleocapsid protein of white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) and its use as a biosensor. Frontiers of Chemical Science and Engineering. Volume 6, Issue 2, June 2012, Pages 216-223.
- Suchera Loyprasert-Thananimit, Phanida Kuasuwan, Kesara Nittayaboon, Wilaiwan Chotigeat, Nutthaporn Chandeying, Verapol Chandeying. 2012. Validity evaluation of in-house preparation kit, vaginal pH paper test combined amine tube test, for the simple diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand. Volume 95, Issue 6, June 2012, Pages 747-751.
- Booncharoen Wongkittisuksa, Chusak Limsakul, Proespichaya Kanatharana, Warakorn Limbut, Punnee Asawatreratanakul, Supaporn Dawan, Suchera Loyprasert, Panote Thavarungkul. 2011. Development and application of a real-time capacitive sensor. Biosensors and Bioelectronics. 26: 2466-2472.
- Suchera Loyprasert, Martin Hedström, Panote Thavarungkul, Proespichaya Kanatharana, Bo Mattiasson. 2010. Sub-attomolar detection of cholera toxin using a label-free capacitive immunosensor. Biosensors and Bioelectronics. 25: 1977-1983.
- Suchera Loyprasert, Panote Thavarungkul, Punnee Asawatreratanakul, Booncharoen Wongkittisuksa, Chusak Limsakul, Proespichaya Kanatharana. 2008. Label-free capacitive immunosensor for microcystin-LR using self-assembled thiourea monolayer incorporated with Ag nanoparticles on gold electrode. Biosensors and Bioelectronics. 24: 78-86.
- Warakorn Limbut, Suchera Loyprasert, Chongdee Thammakhet, Panote Thavarungkul, Adisorn Tuantranont, Punnee Asawatreratanakul, Chusak Limsakul, Booncharoen Wongkittisuksa and Proespichaya Kanatharana. 2007. Microfluidic conductimetric bioreactor. Biosensors and Bioelectronics. 22: 3064-3071.
- Solitaire Lindsay, Terannie Vazquez, Ana Egatz-Gómez, Suchera Loyprasert, Antonio A. Garcia and Joseph Wang. 2007. Discrete microfluidics with electrochemical detection. Analyst. 132: 412-416.
- Antonio A. García, Ana Egatz-Gómez, Solitaire A. Lindsay, P. Domínguez-García, Sonia Melle, Manuel Marquez, Miguel A. Rubio, S.T. Picraux, Dongqing Yang, P. Aella, Mark A. Hayes, Devens Gust, Suchera Loyprasert, Terannie Vazquez-Alvarez and Joseph Wang. 2007. Magnetic movement of biological fluid droplets. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 311: 238-243.
- Joseph Wang, Tanin Tangkuaram, Suchera Loyprasert, Terannie Vazquez-Alvarez, Waret Veerasai, Proespichaya Kanatharana and Panote Thavarungkul. 2007. Electrocatalytic detection of insulin at RuOx/carbon nanotube-modified carbon electrodes. Analytica Chimica Acta. 581: 1-6.
- Adisorn Tuantranont, Tanom Lomas, Thitima Maturos, Anurat Wisitsora-at, Panote Thavarungkul, Proespichaya Kanatharana, Warakorn Limbut, Suchera Loyprasert. 2006. Development of Low-Cost Microfluidic Systems for Lab-on-a-Chip Biosensor Applications. Nanobiotechnology. 2: 143-149.